Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We got our Christmas tree last Sunday, a whole family deal. The kids and I spent last Friday rearranging the furniture in the living room and sprucing up the house in preparation for the bringing out of the box o'Christmas stuff. Andy put up the lights, the kids decorated and I hung the few fragile "mom only" decorations.

Ever since the tree has gone up, Landon has been obsessed. He spends at least 1/2 of his day camped out right next to it, staring at it, trying not to touch the ornaments (usually failing at that one, but they are kid friendly at his level). He's also insisted on us making a "spot" for him each night at the base of the tree with blankets and pillows. It's here that we've read our bedtime stories, sang songs, and eventually fallen asleep.

I can't quite explain how peaceful it is to fall asleep with a kid tucked under your arm looking at soft lights in the dark. I get why he finds it so magical. Heck, if it brings me that much emotion at my age, imagine what all of that at 3, so unjaded and inexperienced, must be like.




No comments: