Thursday, December 11, 2008

A New Group

Last night brought me back to high school all over again. The nerves of meeting up with people that I had never seen before hit like a ton of bricks! I recently found a local group of knitters that meet weekly and was invited to join them. I jumped at the chance to get out of the house on a regular basis and do something that I enjoy so much. Plus, the added value of meeting new people (good for me, no matter how painful at first) and having multiple live knitting resources, made it a done deal.

What I found was a very fun, welcoming group of women who I think I will really enjoy chatting with as often as I can! The nerves dissipated as the evening went on and by the time I left I was sure that I would be back for more. So that is something new and exciting (and just for me)!

As far as progress goes, I've finished up two more projects and can breathe a sigh of relief over having them done. However, I've still got several more to go. As we get closer to the holidays, I'll be posting less details about them as their intended recipients might very well be reading.

The kids are great, we just got D's report card and she is doing well! Christmas break is right around the corner and she is really excited about that. I think that we are planning on getting a tree this coming Saturday, and I found my camera cord. So new pics to come soon.

No comments: