Monday, January 19, 2009

Marvelous Menu Mondays

So I've been getting back in to menu planning. Thought I would post them here weekly (on Mondays) in hopes that it will help me stick with them. The goal for the year, along with healthier eating in general, is to make as much as I can from scratch and stay away from super refined foods. That said, I think I am keeping King Arthur Flours in business single handedly, with all of the baking I've been doing. I'm absolutely hooked on their flours.

I received possibly the most awesome cookbook ever for my birthday back in December and I am finally putting it to good use, almost daily. If you need (or want) a good vegetarian cookbook, this is the one that I would list as a "must".

As we are a split household on the veg'n/meat eater front, I will often list two items as main dishes (or lots of smaller dishes) as I aim to please all parties seated at the table.

Monday (already done): Sloppy Joes with homemade wheat rolls/baked tofu nuggets, and corn

Tuesday: Tomato soup, herbed chicken breast, salad

Wednesday: Pasta with homemade sauce, steamed green beans

Thursday: YO-YO (you're on your own)/left-over clean up night

Friday: Pizza from scratch (OMG yum) and salad

I don't cook much on Sat, and only some Sundays. Those tend to be left-over clean up or eating with extended family days.

If I ever talk about anything on here that peaks your interest, please feel free to ask for a recipe. I'm always happy to pass them along!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Update your blog lady!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

http://offthehookwithamanda.blogspot.com/2009/02/lemonade-award.html